Tomato Lentil Soup
Soothe your spirit and warm your body with a wholesome and nourishing bowl of this delightfully spicy tomato lentil soup. This Winter soup is easy to make and a super cosy meal to get you through those cold nights.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 mins (5 mins prep + 15 mins cook)
Vegan | Gluten Free | Natural | Dairy Free
- Always cook spices over low heat, so you do not burn the aromatic flavours.
- Stir regularly so lentils don't get stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Excellent served with Turban Chopsticks Royal Festival Briyani rice, buttered bread or warm mini naan breads
- RINSE red lentils in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
- SAUTE onions and spiced mix in oil for 2 - 3 minutes over low heat.
- ADD lentils, 3 cups of water, can tomatoes, vegetables and coconut milk and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until cooked.
- GARNISH with a squeeze of lime, fresh coriander and dollops of yoghurt or fresh chilli for a kick.