Bring the exotic smells of Bali into your kitchen with this easy and delicious Nasi Goreng. This popular dish is Indonesia's take on the classic fried rice. Topped with extra tasty toppings and crunchy crackers, our recipe has all the textures and flavours that will transport you to the streets of South East Asia.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 mins
Vegetarian | Gluten Free | Natural | Dairy Free
Prepare and cook the rice the day before so it is extra dry and perfect for fried rice.
Add extra chilli in the rice if you like it SPICY!
- 1 jar Turban Chopsticks Nasi Goreng Balinese
- 500g of your choice of protein or vegetables
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 4 spring onion sprigs (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tbsp of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Veggie Crackers (optional fried for garnish)
- 4 eggs (optional fried for garnish)
- Fried shallots, chilli and fresh coriander to garnish
- Cook the rice the night before or several hours before and allow to cool and dry. 2 cups of uncooked rice will yield approximately 4 cups of cooked rice.
- Stir-fry protein or vegetables along with the paste in a wok or large frying pan until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add cooked rice and kecap manis. Stir fry for 5 minutes until rice is evenly coated.
- Top rice with a fried egg (optional) fried shallots, chilli and coriander and serve with a side of cracker and freshly sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.