Green Pea Coconut Dahl
A decadent dish made with green split peas and an array of fresh greens. Tied together with creamy coconut milk, this wholesome winter warmer will nourish you and beat those winter blues away!
Total Prep and Cook Time: 45 mins
Vegan | Gluten Free | Natural | Nut Free | Dairy Free
Once cooked, blitz in a blender for a silky curry sauce. Use frozen kale or spinach to save time.
- RINSE green split peas in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
- HEAT saucepan over low heat. Add oil/ghee, spices and onion, sauté until golden brown. Add vegetables, sauté for 2 minutes.
- ADD rinsed green split peas to saucepan, with 2 1⁄2 cups of cold water and coconut milk. Bring dish to boil on high and cook for 15 minutes.
- COOK for a further 30 minutes over medium heat with lid on. Stir occasionally, until everything is cooked and lentils are soft and thick.
- Excellent served over a bed of our Majestic Almond and Cumin Pilaf Rice.