Get ready to be transformed to the aromas, taste and flavours of real India with our best selling Royal Festival Briyani.
Made with herbs and spices - including fried shallots, cassia stick, bay leaves, salt and more - and mixed with plump Australian sultanas, roasted cashews and shallots, our Briyani meal kit is a perfect dish to have on its own or mixed with your favourite meat, vegetables or eggs.
Simply empty all ingredients into one pot to create a wonderful meal or side dish, and enjoy the aromatic flavours of India in the setting of your family and home dining.
• 1 box Turban Chopsticks Royal Festival Briyani Rice Kit
• 300g preferred protein OR vegetables
• 2 tablespoons of preferred oil or coconut ghee, indian ghee
1. RINSE rice in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
2. HEAT saucepan over LOW heat. Add oil or ghee, protein or vegetables. Sauté for 2 minutes until par-cooked with lid on. Add enclosed packet of cashews, sultanas, shallots and packet of spices. Sauté for 30 seconds.
3. ADD washed rice and 2 cups of cold water to the saucepan. Stir well. Bring dish
to boil. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat with lid on. Do not stir.
4. SERVE Remove from heat when rice is cooked and fluffy. Rest for 5 minutes
before serving. Garnish with fried curry leaves and dollops of natural yogurt and
enjoy immediately! FEAST AWAY!
Basmati rice (68%), Australian natural sultanas, roasted cashews, fried shallots (shallot, corn flour, vegetable oil), cassia stick, spices, salt, red lentil, bay leaves.
NO ARTIFICAL COLOURS, FLAVOURS, PRESERVATIVES OR MSG ADDED
Servings per packet: 4
Serving size: 200 grams
Do not stir rice when cooked, as rice grains will break. Cook spices over low heat as they can burn easily. Have all ingredients prepared and ready for cooking. Add fresh chilli for an extra kick!