Portobello Mushroom Burger
There's nothing quite like a finger lickin' juicy burger. Try this adventurous recipe with a delicious bombay patty loaded with fresh veggies and nestled between roasted portobello mushrooms.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 30 mins
Vegan | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
For a healthier option, brush the patties with preferred baking oil and bake at 180 degrees for 7 minutes on each side.
- 1 box Turban Chopsticks Mini Bombay Burgers
- 400g of plant based protein or grated veggies
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup of warm water
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- Spinach leaves
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Pickle, sauerkraut or kimchi
- Tomato sauce or chutney
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Remove the tops from the portobello mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil or preferred baking oil on both sides and bake for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Add the Mini Bombay Burger packet mix into a bowl with 1 cup of warm water and stir well. Add diced onion, pork or your choice of protein/grated veggies and mix together.
- Roll into patties or spoon into fry pan. Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve patties on portobello mushroom bun and top with fresh spinach, alfalfa sprouts, pickles and your favourite tomato chutney or sauce.