Coconut and Pineapple Rice
Let the flavours of the tropics dance on your tastebuds this Spring with this aromatic and super easy ‘one pot’ Coconut and Pineapple Rice with juicy prawns. This delicious dish will also convert any fussy little eater.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 30 mins
Gluten Free | Natural | Nut Free | Dairy Free
Replace pineapple with fresh coconut flesh.
- Rinse rice in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
- Cut pineapple in half lengthways and cut pulp out then dice. Keep outer halves for serving.
- Heat non-stick saucepan over low heat. Add oil and sauté onion until golden brown.
- Add mixed vegetables, diced pineapple and prawns and sauté for 2 minutes. Next add enclosed spice and coconut/pineapple mix and sauce for 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Add rinsed rice to saucepan along with coconut milk and water.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat with lid on. Stir occasionally.
- Serve in pineapple boat and garnish with toasted coconut, a wedge of lime and serve.