Malaysian Gado Gado Salad
A vibrant and authentic Malaysian salad with a delicious crunch, topped with an indulgent Satay Sauce.
Total Prep and Cook Time 30 mins | Serves 4 | Vegan, Gluten Free
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE CARD
IN THIS RECIPE
- 400g of chicken breast/thigh, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 jar Turban Chopsticks Satay Peanuts Paste
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 8 small potatoes, boiled and halved
- 4 free range eggs, boiled and halved
- 200g green beans, blanched and halved
- 150g bean sprouts, blanched
- 200g tofu/tempeh, pan-fried or baked
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into cubes
- fried prawn or veggie crackers to garnish
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat Turban Chopsticks Satay Peanuts sauce and coconut milk in a pan over low heat, until sauce is well combined and thick. Keep aside.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium heat. Cook chicken pieces for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place all salad ingredients on a large serving platter. Add grilled chicken and drizzle with lots of satay sauce, fresh coriander leaves, crackers and extra chilli.
Vegan Option - Omit chicken and egg, and replace with grilled eggplant, tofu or tempeh.