Ridiculously moreish spiced onion fritter balls that you can make at home. A crispy and tantalising entrée or side served with a curry that everyone will enjoy. Don’t be intimidated by how intricate they look. Onion bhajis are really easy to make and we have the key to the crispiest ones. Read more to find out.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 mins (5 mins prep + 15 mins cook)
Vegan | Gluten Free | Natural | Dairy Free
Slice onions finely for the crispiest bhajis.
Try with grated carrot, corn, zucchini or potato for a delicious entree.
You can also use red onion or spring onions.
- 1 x Turban Chopsticks Onion Bhaji Mix
- 3 extra large onions, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli,roughly chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup of water
- Preferred oil for frying
- Preheat preferred cooking oil in pan ready for frying,
- Mix dry packet of Turban Chopsticks Onion Bhaji mix with 3/4 cup of water and stir well. Add finely sliced onions (these will make the crispiest bhajis), coriander and chilli to batter and mix well.
- Loosely drop spoonfuls of the mixture into a the medium-hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp for 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not overcrowd pan when frying as they may stick together.
- Drain well on paper towel. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of salt (optional) and dip into your favourite chutney or relish.